- What makes GAF different from the other personal training studios and gyms?
- Do I make an appointment each week for my training session?
- Do I get one-on-one training?
- Can I come in at any other time without an appointment?
- Will I get help with my training program when I just drop in?
- How many times per week should I train?
- What happens if I miss a weekly training session?
- Is the GAF program good for anyone over the age of 50?
- Can I join if I'm under the age of 50?
- What about the cost?
- Do you take insurance?
- How do I find out more?
1. What makes GAF different from the other personal training studios and gyms?
Our fitness coaching program is built on a rich and thorough educational foundation designed to generate better movement skills. Our intent is to teach you how your body is designed to work and then coach you to function at a higher physical level with more efficiency, less pain, stiffness, and fewer injuries. Through guided self study, you will develop competencies to take care of yourself, improve your fitness level and maximize your potential to get healthier, stay healthier and age well.
2. Do I make an appointment each week for my training session?
Yes. Training sessions are scheduled at your convenience on a first come, first served basis. However, we find that members often schedule themselves into a preferred weekly time slot.
3. Do I get one-on-one training?
You will get an individualized training program taught in an “open-classroom” style environment. Members communicate, benefit from each other and develop a sense of common purpose. At the same time, everyone builds independence, competence, and confidence in their abilities to make good decisions and handle themselves at the gym and outside the gym, too. Additionally, the dynamics of the group environment make it fun. We have a sense of community and connection here that you won’t find at any other gym.
4. Can I come in at any other time without an appointment?
Yes. You will have open access to our facility during any of our hours of operation to practice what you’ve learned in your training sessions, join a stretching class or receive guidance about how to approach your workout on any particular day.
5. Will I get help with my training program when I just drop in?
Yes. During the morning sessions you may be invited into a lesson or group warmup which will reinforce the work in your own training program. As well, during both morning and evening hours a trainer will be available to help you and answer questions on the spot.
6. How many times per week should I train?
In an ideal world we’d like to see you in our gym at least 3 times per week. But, that isn’t always realistic. The purpose of the training that you’ll do with us is to have you move more efficiently and more often in the real world. So, just as importantly, we’ll give you ideas about how to integrate the things that you’ve learned in your training session into a physically active day.
7. What happens if I miss a weekly training session?
Our training program doesn’t work well if sessions are missed or scheduled haphazardly. But, life and work can sometimes sideline you. So, if you miss your weekly session you’ll be able to schedule a make-up session to be used within thirty days as long as your membership is current, or the right to the session will be forfeited. Our 24-hour cancellation policy applies.
8. Is the GAF program good for anyone over the age of 50?
GAF is meant for anyone whose risk assessment would deem them ready to exercise safely and independently in our training setting.
9. Can I join if I'm under the age of 50?
Absolutely! Our training program is valuable for anyone at any age who wants to be at their best heading into their 50’s and beyond.
10. What about the cost?
We have a mindset here that a membership at Greatest Age Fitness is a responsible investment in your future, not a cost. By making a sound investment in your health and fitness now you will save time, energy, money, disappointment and pain in the future.
A commitment in the form of a membership demonstrates that you’re ready and willing to invest yourself in the process to turn back your “biological clock,” restore better function, improve your health, keep you doing what you want and need to do, and elevate the quality of your day-to-day life.
11. Do you take insurance?
No, we are not eligible to be an insurance provider.
12. How do I find out more?
We would love to have you call or email us to schedule an appointment to come in, meet some of our members, talk with us about the details of our program and find out how our program can work for you.